Simple easy and delicious comfort food, let’s get started !
How to make it
- Shorter chops are better for this dish if you can find them as they have more far, and more fat equals more flavor,
- but long ones work just fine
- Season both sides of the chops with salt and pepper
- Add the chops to large casserole of a medium high heat and let them cook for about 2 3 minutes just untill they get a little bit of color, give them a flip and let them cook for 2 to 3 minutes. now remove these chops and repeat the same process untill all your pork chopes are browned.
- Now reduce the heat to medium, add butter and slice vidalia onion, sort out the onions for about 5 minutes until they begin to soften, then add sliced mushrooms and sort it for about 5 to 7 minutes, then add all purpose flour then mix everything untill its all absorbed to onion and mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Now add apple juice or apple cider give it all a good mix and bring it up to a simmer, now add the pork chops back in.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, cover and cook for 45 minutes
- After 45 minutes rotate the chops around, cover and let them cook for another 45 minutes or until they become tender, the cooking time depends on the type of chops you use and how thick they are.
- After cooking for a total of an 1 and half the chops are done.
- The gravey is not sweet like you think would be with apple juice but it is not the case, the sweetness in this dish is very subtle.