This is an easy to make easter cheesy scalloped potatoes, Easter feast is just around the corner, if you are running out of ideas on what to make during the dinner feast, buckle up because we have an easy to make easter
recipe for you that you can make easily but still impress your guests with your cooking skills.
How to make it
- Start with the sauce, in a hot pan over heat and melt the butter and add in flour
- Give it a good mix, then pour in the milk and stir until its comes up to a simmer and thickens
- Add a pinch of nutmeg, some pepper and a half teaspoon of salt, do this to taste
- (Optional) add in cheese, stir through untill its all well combined and all of the cheese is melted.
- Into a dish, put a thin layer of the sauce and make sure it covers the whole bottom.
- Add in a layer of potatoes, followed by the onion, add in another layer of the sauce.
- Follow by another layer of potatoes and another layer of the sauce.
- Cover it well with shreddy cheddar cheese.
- (Also optional for extra flavor) sprinkle some freshly chopped chives.
- Cover with some foil.
- Pop in the oven on roasting mode and cook for 35 minutes.
- Remove the foil and cook for another further 15 or so minutes untill its golden brown.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.