Pudding in a skillet is one of the easiest ways to enjoy your quick homemade dessert. The blackberries and pecans pudding is real simple to make, prepare your favorite pan or as in our case we choose to work with the 8-inch cast-iron skillet, follow our directions, but decorate as you wish and bake it for 40 to 45 until the top is golden and the berries are caramelized with all that sprinkled sugar on top!
Enjoy your skillet pudding with a homemade smoothie as a desert, breakfast or for brunch!
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter an 8-inch iron skillet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and all but 1 tspn sugar until pale and thick. Whisk in the ginger and vanilla, add the flour mixture.
- Chop half the apple and fold into the mixture along with half the blackberries and half the pecans. Transfer to the prepared skillet.
- Thinly slice the remaining apple and decorate on top of the batter. Brush the apple with the melted butter and sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Garnish with the remaining blackberries and pecans.
- Bake until the top is golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.